It is much easier than you think!
It’s great fun and you won’t need lots of expensive equipment
You will need:
- A Windows PC, laptop, iMac, MacPro or MacBook with a wired internet connection
- A studio quality microphone, stand and cable, with the right plug for your computer
- We use Sennheiser 825S mics (but there are cheaper alternatives)
- Stands can be floor standing or desk mounted
- A pair of wired, padded headphones so that the audio won’t be picked up by your mic
- We use Sennheiser HD206’s
- Software to arrange your playlist, mix your music, cue your microphone and stream it to HLR to Live365
- We use MIXXX 2.2.3 which is available free
- Music to play during your show, without repeating tracks from the same artist or album in the same hour
- Music must be in MP3 format, tagged with artist, track, album and album artist
- Music files should be >= 128kbps
- Software to level your music so that tracks play at the same volume
- We use Normalizer from Amvidia, but other software is available
Heckington Living Community Radio needs you!
Become a radio presenter with HLR!
For more information, contact: